You can change or update your sponsor with the ministry using this tool if you have:
- previously been approved by the ministry to participate in an apprenticeship program in this trade, and
- are now working with a new/different sponsor (usually your employer) who has agreed to provide you with apprenticeship training
Note: If you have never applied for apprenticeship training, go to the online Apprenticeship application.
If you were a program participant in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) or the Pre-Apprenticeship program, you may be asked to provide proof of academic entry requirements.
If you do not have a new sponsor, or want to learn more about apprenticeship training, or want to get help finding a sponsor, visit ontario.ca/apprenticeship, or contact your local Ontario apprenticeship office.
You must complete the request in one session. It takes about 5 minutes to complete.
You need the following information before you start:
- Client ID (It’s the 7-digit number on your training agreement.)
- Date of Birth
- Sector and Trade
Your sponsor's information
- Full legal business name of sponsor
- Complete mailing address for your sponsor, including postal code
- Sponsor telephone number
- First and last name of the contact for your sponsor
- Sponsor contact phone number and email address
- Sponsor ID number (Optional)